Equinox Minutes - 20081202
Revision as of 15:59, 2 December 2008 by John arthorne.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs) (→Minutes)
- Andrew Niefer
- DJ Houghton
- John Arthorne
- Oleg Besedin
- Simon Kaegi
- Tom Watson
- Discuss version changes needed to move up to jetty 6 bug 248793
- Move to Foundation 1.1/OSGi EE min 1.2
- Equinox builds
- Jetty 7 will be available before Galileo release, need to decide if we want to move to it for Galileo release (skipping Jetty 6)
- Jetty 6 has breaking API changes from the previous release (these are not Eclipse APIs, they are third party APIs)
- org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty6 had bundle version 2.0 even though it is fully compatible with org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty5 (which has bundle version 1.1). Need to decide if we can revert that bundle version number to match the versioning guidelines.
- Likely can't move back because we had version 2.0 since last release
- Simon to draft an email to let community know of the changes
- Move to Foundation 1.1
- Gathering community feedback. No objections so far.
- Next major revision of OSGi considering move to Java 5 (still a couple of years off)
- Have a need for an XPath parser. Looking at JavaCC to generate an XPath parser.
- e4 may have a need for something similar for traversing their UI models
- There is a concern about performance of parsing complex XPath expressions. Need to evaluate trade-offs - whether performance cost is worth the convenience benefit.
- There is a bug in Java class libraries that can cause entries in the manifest to be lost when parsing. See Eclipse bug 257242 for details.
- Consider switching to org.eclipse.osgi.util.ManifestElement instead where possible (which is also generally much faster).
- Also have a need in some cases for writing manifests, which ManifestElement doesn't support.