Skip to main content
- Andrew C
- Andrew N
- Tom and Jeff have been gathering plan items from people
- Project plan can be found | here
- most of the items are in committed state, which is surprising
- oops, side effect of editing XML. components to go through items and move to appropriate section
- need plan for community awareness as well as to help us organize our work
- plan themes, etc are currently aligned with the Eclipse plan themes
- plan could be read as being a little fragmented w.r.t. cross team/component items so we should work on that
- need to be able to read the plan as a non-Eclipse person and figure out what is happening
- one of the goals is to easily identify cross-team dependencies
- also to identify areas where people are able to contribute to items
- we should have an associated bug report with each plan item (like Eclipse does)
- Tom to get together with Matt and Pascal to flush out security and p2 items
- a few missing things from the plan
- launcher: cocoa port, webStart bug that we hacked to work-around for 3.4
- what about the old "launch an editor from the command-line and desktop" feature request?
- is this even an Equinox thing? yes, probably
- will need community help on this
- Oleg has some items in the extension registry that he wants to look at
- create user objects from configuration elements, singletons, etc.
- some items are for 3.5 and some are for e4
- the DS bundles are now being shipped as part of the SDK
- what are the requirements for something to be added to the SDK?
- we aren't using DS in the SDK
- but PDE is used for tooling OSGi in general and not just things that we use
- same argument could be made for other parts of the SDK... like APT
- Matt looking for scenerios and people to talk to about authentication and authorization in the server-side space
- Simon is a good contact for this
- Jeff also will provide some names
Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.