Eclipse platform Ganymede/3.4 contains two provisioning systems: the original Update Manager, and the new Equinox p2 provisioning platform. By default, p2 is in control of the system and the Update Manager is hidden. This page describes how to revert to the classic Update Manager and remove p2.
- Replace the eclipse/configuration/config.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- In the config.ini file, replace the "eclipse.buildId" setting with the correct build id (optional)
- Replace the eclipse/eclipse.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- Remove the platform.xml from eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml.
- Remove the feature org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui. This feature is optionally required by org.eclipse.platform, but the platform will function without it
- Take care removing org.eclipse.equinox.p2.* from the plugins directory due to bug 228537. If you want to get rid of some plugins, and you have the SDK installed, you need to preserve the equinox.p2.user.ui.source* plugins because they are required by the corresponding source feature, which is required by the SDK feature.
- Remove the eclipse/p2 folder (optional)
- Remove the eclipse/dropins folder (optional)
You can also find scripts available in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=224908.