Eclipse platform Ganymede/3.4 contains two provisioning systems: the original Update Manager, and the new Equinox p2 provisioning platform. By default, p2 is in control of the system and the Update Manager is hidden. This page describes how to revert to the classic Update Manager and remove p2.
- Replace the eclipse/configuration/config.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- Replace the eclipse/eclipse.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- Remove the platform.xml from eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml.
- Remove the feature org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui. This feature is optionally required by org.eclipse.platform, but the platform will function without it
- Remove org.eclipse.equinox.p2.* from the plugins directory (optional)
- Remove the eclipse/p2 folder (optional)