Eclipse platform Ganymede/3.4 contains two provisioning systems: the original Update Manager, and the new Equinox p2 provisioning platform. By default, p2 is in control of the system and the Update Manager is hidden. This page describes how to revert to the classic Update Manager and remove p2.
- Replace the eclipse/configuration/config.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- In the config.ini file, replace the "eclipse.buildId" setting with the correct build id (optional)
- Replace the eclipse/eclipse.ini file with the contents from Eclipse platform version 3.3.2.
- Remove the platform.xml from eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml.
- Remove the features org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui*. This feature is optionally required by org.eclipse.platform, but the platform will function without it
- Remove the plugins org.eclipse.equinox.p2.*
- Remove the eclipse/p2 folder (recommended)
- Remove the eclipse/dropins folder (optional)
You can also find scripts available in bug 224908 (tested on Linux and Cygwin).
Note an issue existed with removing the source plugins and features pre-3.4M7, see bug 228537.
Note that an issue was observed with I20080422-0800 and P2 removed, see bug 228546.