< Equinox | p2 | Meetings
Revision as of 21:36, 23 April 2009 by Pascal rapicault.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)
Agenda / Minutes
- Remember to focus on M5
- Discussion about the supporting the update from 3.4 to 3.5
- Eclipse has never been able to support such a scenario. UM even had problems updating to a point release.
- The consensus was that we would not be able to update from 3.4 to 3.5
- Reaons invoked:
- Because the update from 3.4 to 3.5 is running the 3.4.2 code
- bundles.info and other files have moved form URL to URI
- the rollback would be problematic because it is unclear if 3.5 can be writing 3.4 format.
- Transport having reliability issues
- Overall it seemed that there would be very little benefit for a lot more work, when in the end all the majority of plug-ins are changing
- Approaches have been discussed
- Create a 3.4++ all of p2 from 3.5 and then do the update
- Change the readers and writers from 3.5
- This issue will be revisited for 3.6
- Discussion about the categories
- tool side supposrt
- what do we show in the flat 256044
- follow up on the 261104
- Update on the explanation work 200380
- Daniel and Jed have made progress. Pascal to look some more.
- Henrik L.
- Thomas H
- Dave S