- Support extensibility for version numbers (and version number types)
- (moved to next week) Support for what "type" of repository will be loaded bug# 222251
- (moved to next week) New Collector 256355 256411
- (moved to next week) Interfaces for metadata types 256359
Darren Jeff Jed Doug Susan Ian Curtis Andrew Andrew DJ Simon Thomas Pascal Henrik
- Flexible versioning support (majority of call)
- Thomas gave an overview of versioning requirements in Buckminster and a few examples of subtleties in how versions are interprested in OSGi vs. Maven etc.
- Discussion around ideas to allow a pluggable version system
- Much discussion around impact in particular looking at changes in Required and Provided Capabilities.
- Some key concepts:
- IVersion, IVersionRange
- built-in matchers (and potentially rankers) likely type driven
- Next step is to put forward a more detailed proposal that would look at implementation changes required. (Henrik, Thomas)
- Some potential to seriously consider implementing a few critical foundational pieces -- M5 thrown around as a deadline for some semblance of integration.
- DB-based repositories
- requires some API work, potentially gels well with work Ian B. is doing (see next week's agenda)
- Pascal brings up it would be good to get an opensource implementation to work more closely with to ensure we're correctly covering requirements.