Revision as of 14:16, 11 September 2008 by Drummond.reed.cordance.net (Talk | contribs)
This page is for discussion/clarification of the terminology, requirements, and design decisions around EntityIds.
Content Data Model Requirements
First, in terms of the underlying graph model, here’s a set of proposed requirements on which we need consensus.
- An Entity is a node in the graph, and the CDM needs a consistent way of representing arcs referencing that node.
- There MAY be 0..n such arcs referencing the node.
- An arc MAY represented as either:
- A unique identifier.
- A set of Attributes of that Entity, none of which itself is required to be a unique identifier.
- If the arc is represented as a unique identifier:
Higgins API Requirements
Second, based on those requirements, here is the set of questions that need to be answered regarding the Higgins API.
- In an EntityId restricted to being a unique identifier (vs. a set of Attributes)?
- If so, is EntityId defined to be a string?
- If so, can an EntityId value be either globally unique, or locally unique to the Context?
- Is an EntityId:
- What is the cardinality of EntityId (note that the answer to this question may depend on the answer to the previous question):