< Efxclipse | Tutorials
Revision as of 08:34, 26 July 2013 by Tom.schindl.bestsolution.at (Talk | contribs) (New page: == Create an e4 sample application == Applications based on the e4 platform can use JavaFX instead of SWT as a rendering technology. This tutorial will guide you through the creation of a...)
Create an e4 sample application
Applications based on the e4 platform can use JavaFX instead of SWT as a rendering technology. This tutorial will guide you through the creation of a media sample application.
- Setup a target platform for your application development:
- Open Preferences > Plugin-in Development > Target Platform
- Click Add ...
- Select "Nothing: Start with an empty target definition".
- Add ...
- Select Software Site
- Add http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-nightly/site as a site.
- Select "e(fx)clipse - Single - p2 update" and "Target Platform for Eclipse" and uncheck "Include required software"
- Finish and activate the new target.
- Run the New > Project ... JavaFX/Samples/e4 Media Application wizard. Choose a name for your project and leave the rest of the settings on their defaults.
- Launch the application using the generated launch configuration