< Efxclipse | Tutorials
Revision as of 03:25, 7 April 2015 by Dirk.fauth.googlemail.com (Talk | contribs)
Create an Eclipse ViewPart
JavaFX allows you to embed JavaFX scenes into SWT UIs using the FXCanvas class. The following tutorial will guide you through the creation of a JavaFX-enabled ViewPart.
- Setup a target platform
- Start Eclipse with no open projects
- On menu item "Window", select "Preferences" and then expand the list item "Plug-in Development"
- Click the list item "Plug-in Development" item "Target Platform"
- Click Add ...
- Select "Default: Default target for the running platform". Click the "Next" button.
- Enter a different name in the top text field
- Add ...
- Select Software Site
- If you run on Mars: "eFX Runtime Nightly" with Url "http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-nightly/site" as a site
- If you run on Luna: "eFX Runtime 1.2.0" with Url "http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/1.2.0/site" as a site
- If you run on Kepler: "eFX Runtime 0.9.0" with Url "http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/0.9.0/site" as site
- Expand "FX Target" and check "RCP 3.x Target Platform Feature" and uncheck "Include required software"
- In the list activate the new target by checking the checkbox in the list and click the Ok button.
- File > New > Project ...
- Expand "Plug-in Development" and select "Plug-in Project" and click the "Next" button.
- Enter a project name and click the "Next" button.
- Make sure that "This plug-in will make contributions to the UI" is checked and deselect the RCP creation. Click "Next".
- Select the "JavaFX Eclipse 3.x ViewPart" template and click "Next".
- Keep the default settings and click "Finish".
- The result of the wizard is a new OSGi bundle with your ViewPart class.
- Implement your view by adding some JavaFX code to your ViewPart class.
- Launch an "inner Eclipse" by bringing up the context menu on your project and select Run As > Eclipse Application.
- Close the launched instance and open your the Launch Configuration and add -Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi to your VM args and launch once more
- In the running application, bring up Quick Access (Ctrl+3) and enter "My Fx View". Select the presented choice to open your view.
- A view with your JavaFX content will be shown at the bottom.