Ecore Tools/New and Noteworthy
This release is focused on fixing user reports and streamlining some features related to the exploration of existing diagrams, most notably:
- inherited relationships can now be displayed within an EClass shape
- a new contextual explorer view ease the navigation in an existing Ecore model
This version is a major version as the legacy diagram editor and corresponding APIs which have been deprecated in 2.0 are no longer provided. This release streamlined most of the features shipped with 2.0.0 notably :
- Better integration with XCore models
- Small improvements in the editing experience
- Split of UI/non-ui aspects of EcoreTools easing reuse in slightly different contexts (command-line, server-side)
- Peformance and scalability improvements.
- Switch to AQL (Acceleo Query Langage) as the underlying query engine.
Everything is new, 2.0 is a complete re-implementation based on Sirius. The whole development cycle and the corresponding features has been described in the following article EcoreTools 2.0 : the Luna Revival.
Check also the EcoreTools documentation to get an idea of what are the new features.
The short version :
- Focused diagrams : possibility to DND a model element into the diagram area to show its graphical representation
- Doc Annotations support : ability to graphically create and edit doc annotation of an Ecore model
- Related Elements import : ability to import elements in a diagram based on their relationships with others
- Doc Table support : ability to edit doc annotations using a table.
- Smart direct Edit : type "name:String", or "", or ":Integer" and the modeler will figure what you meant.
- EOpposite support : EOpposite References are displayed in the diagram as multi-role edges.
- Validation layer : The diagram editor can be configured so that any validation Error will be highlighted in the shape.
- Multi-Ecore : a diagram can represent elements from distinct Ecore files.
- Dependencie View : a diagram editor to inspect inter-EPackage dependencies.
- Generics : the ability to design Ecore Generics using the diagram editor
- Tabbed Properties View : provide advanced capabilities to edit the ecore model
The following plugins are considered legacy and will not be provided anymore after this release :
Pre 2.0 new and noteworthy can be found on the dedicated page