Ecore Tools/New and Noteworthy
Everything is new, 2.0 is a complete re-implementation based on Sirius. Check the EcoreTools documentation to get an idea of what are the new features.
Most notably :
- Focused diagrams : possibility to DND a model element into the diagram area to show its graphical representation
- Doc Annotations support : ability to graphically create and edit doc annotation of an Ecore model
- Related Elements import : ability to import elements in a diagram based on their relationships with others
- Doc Table support : ability to edit doc annotations using a table.
- Smart direct Edit : type "name:String", or "", or ":Integer" and the modeler will figure what you meant.
- EOpposite support : EOpposite References are displayed in the diagram as multi-role edges.
- Validation layer : The diagram editor can be configured so that any validation Error will be highlighted in the shape.
- Multi-Ecore : a diagram can represent elements from distinct Ecore files.
- Dependencie View : a diagram editor to inspect inter-EPackage dependencies.
- Generics : the ability to design Ecore Generics using the diagram editor
- Tabbed Properties View : provide advanced capabilities to edit the ecore model
The following plugins are considered legacy and will not be provided anymore after this release :