Eclipse Oomph Authoring
What is Oomph?
Please read Eclipse Oomph Installer.
Authoring Quick Starter
A complete author's guide is currently under construction. A link will be published here when it is ready.
For now here are some easy steps for creating a new setup model for your project:
- Download and install the Eclipse Oomph installer as outlined in Eclipse Oomph Installer.
- Start the installer and install the "CDO Release Engineering" project. The resulting IDE contains the setup/update engine and the needed new wizards and model editors.
- Create a new "Project Setup" file in your releng (or any other) project:
- Open the resulting setup file with Oomph's EMF model editor:
- Add setup tasks to your branches and/or to your project (shared across all branches):
- Configure the tasks in the Properties view. Note that there are "Expert" properties available:
- The Outline view displays a preview of the executable model with resolved variables:
- To test/execute your new model copy the model file into the root folder of installer (see step 1). Then restart the installer and you will see your project at the top of the list. Check your branch and press the Install button. The installer will first bootstrap a new IDE and then launch it to complete the installation at startup time.
- Chances are that your first model contains errors (always turn on live validation in the model editor to get early feedback!). If the installation fails early and the new IDE doesn't come up go back to step 6. If the IDE comes up but the initial configuration fails continue with step 10.
- In the new IDE (whether the initial configuration was successful or not) open the model file with the button from the main toolbar. Find the problems and fix them. Then start the configuration process from within this IDE by pressing the button in the main toolbar. This "manual trigger" will pop up a confimation dialog before starting the configuration process so that you can review what tasks are scheduled for execution.