The Eclipe Installer, powered by Oomph, automates the installation and update of Eclipse development environments:
- Windows 64 Bit (self-extracting exe)
- Windows 32 Bit (self-extracting exe)
- Mac OS 64 Bit (tar.gz)
- Linux 64 Bit (tar.gz)
- Linux 32 Bit (tar.gz)
Our help center is still work in progress but you may already find answers to your questions there.
Non-exhaustive list of features:
- Provisioning correct set of plugins in the Eclipse IDE.
- Binding Git repos (incl. personal Gerrit push URL).
- Checking out projects.
- Setting workspace preferences.
- Configuring Dynamic Working Sets.
- Keeping project preferences files in sync.
The configuration is model driven, with the possibility to customize a lot for each project, each branch, each user…
Authoring Setup Models
Please read Oomph Authoring Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting in Touch
First browse the FAQ to see if your question has already been answered.
As a user you should post your questions and comments to the public forum:
- Web: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.oomph
- Newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org:119/eclipse.oomph
You can also monitor the developer mailing list or discuss development topics:
- Archive: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/oomph-dev
- Mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsgroup: news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.oomph.devel
If you encounter trouble or miss a feature please:
- Search for existing bugzillas to avoid duplication.
- You can watch the
email@example.com to be notified about new bugzillas.
- If nothing else helps kindly submit a new bug report or feature request.
Contributing to Oomph
Please read the Oomph Contributor Guide.
- Oomph setup for Xtext projects by Lorenzo Bettini (October 10th, 2015)
- The Eclipse Installer by Martin Ambrus, a short presentation video of the Oomph-powered Eclipse Installer (August 2015)
- Create your own product by Florian Thienel (July 5th, 2015)
- Oomph Workshop: Eclipse the Way You Want It by Eike Stepper (June 21st, 2015)
- Using the New Eclipse Installer by Lorenzo Bettini (May 11th, 2015)
- Walk-Through with Many Examples by Jörg Reichert (March 22nd, 2015)
- How to configure Mylyn Task Queries for an Atlassian JIRA Connector with Oomph Installer by Aurelien Pupier (September, 2014)
- Quicker Start Guide for Oomph by Philipp Hauer and Alexander Nittka (June 30th, 2014)
- Creating Custom Installations with Oomph by Stefan Winkler (April 1st, 2014)
- Top 10 Eclipse Mars Features by Ian Bull (June 24th, 2015)
- Using Oomph's bleeding edge nightly builds by Michael Vorburger (June 2015)
- Eclipse Installer avec Oomph by Pierre Gradot (June 1st, 2015)
- Install Eclipse Projects with a lot more Oomph by Alex Blewitt (March 21st, 2015)
- Oomph: A Matter of Preference by Ed Merks (November 2014)
- Eclipse has Oomph by Eike Stepper (May 2014)
- Installer Tool Oomph Proposed as Eclipse Project by Lucy Carey (March 31st, 2014)
- Shoes for the Shoemaker by Ed Merks (February 14th, 2014)
- Eclipse Oomph bringt Schwung ins Projekt by Eike Stepper (June 26th, 2014)
- The Eclipse Installer a short presentation video of the Oomph-powered Eclipse Installer (August 2015)
- Oomph: Eclipse the Way You Want It a speaker pitch video for the EclipseCon France (June 2015)
- Interview with Eike Stepper on the Eclipse Oomph project by Alex Blewitt (May 27th, 2015)
- Oomph: Eclipse the Way You Want It session recording and slides from the EclipseCon North America (May 21st, 2015)
- Papyrus Oomph Model Refinements by Christian Damus (July 8th, 2014)
- Provisioning a Papyrus Development IDE with Oomph by Christian Damus (July 6th, 2014)
- Oomph: Automatically Provision a Project-specific IDE a video recording of the talk at the EclipseCon France (June 2014)
We are grateful for the free licenses of YourKit that we use for profiling Oomph. YourKit supports open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler, innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications.