The Oomph Installer automates the installation and update of Eclipse development environments:
|Platform||Oomph Installer Download|
|Windows 64 Bit||oomph-extractor-win64.exe (self-extracting)|
|Windows 32 Bit||oomph-extractor-win32.exe (self-extracting)|
|Mac OS 64 Bit||oomph-installer-mac64.tar.gz|
|Linux 64 Bit||oomph-installer-linux64.zip|
|Linux 32 Bit||oomph-installer-linux32.zip|
Our help center is still work in progress but you may already find answers to your questions there.
Non-exhaustive list of features:
- Provisioning correct set of plugins in the Eclipse IDE.
- Binding Git repos (incl. personal Gerrit push URL).
- Checking out projects.
- Setting workspace preferences.
- Configuring dynamic working sets.
- Keeping project preferences files in sync.
The configuration is model driven, with the possibility to customize a lot for each project, each branch, each user…
Authoring Setup Models
Please read Eclipse Oomph Authoring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting in Touch
First browse the FAQ to see if your question has already been answered.
As a user you should post your questions and comments to the public forum:
- Web: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.oomph
- Newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org:119/eclipse.oomph
You can also monitor the developer mailing list or discuss development topics:
- Archive: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/oomph-dev
- Mail: mailto:email@example.com
- Newsgroup: news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.oomph.devel
If you encounter trouble or miss a feature please:
- Search for existing bugzillas to avoid duplication.
- You can watch the
firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified about new bugzillas.
- If nothing else helps kindly submit a new bug report or feature request.
- Oomph: A Matter of Preference in Eclipse newsletter 2014/11.
- Oomph: Automatically Provision a Project-specific IDE a video recording of the talk at the EclipseCon France 2014/06.
- Eclipse has Oomph in Eclipse newsletter 2014/05.
- Creating custom installations with Oomph a blog post by Stefan Winkler.
- Shoes for the Shoemaker a blog post by Ed Merks about the setup tool.
- Emf-dev - CDO Releng tools - setup tool?
- Quicker start guide for Oomph a blog post by Philipp Hauer and Alexander Nittka.
- The Oomph project proposal.
- The Oomph Contribution Guide