What is Oomph?
Eclipse Oomph is an installer and updater for Eclipse development environments. See what The Free Dictionary says.
Just download the installer for your operating system and unzip it to your local disk:
Then start the included executable:
The installer comes with a help page.
Nom-exhaustive list of features:
- Provisioning correct set of plugins in the Eclipse IDE.
- Binding Git repos (incl. personal Gerrit push URL).
- Checking out projects.
- Setting workspace preferences.
- Configuring dynamic working sets.
- Keeping project preferences files in sync.
The configuration is model driven, with the possibility to customize a lot for each project, each branch, each user…
Authoring Quick Starter
Please read Eclipse Oomph Authoring.
Please prefix the subject header of your posts with "[Oomph] ".
Bug Reports and Feature Requests
First browse the FAQ section in this article.
Then search existing bugzillas to avoid duplication.
If nothing else helps kindly submit a bugzilla.
- Shoes for the Shoemaker a blog post by Ed Merks about the setup tool.
- Emf-dev - CDO Releng tools - setup tool?
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change values I've entered in the prompt dialog (e.g., my "git.user.id") once that dialog is gone?
In your installed IDE there should be button with a blue person in the main toolbar. Please click it to open your setup preferences. All prompted values are stored as VariableTasks in there and you're able to change them. (see Bug 428268)