The Eclipe Installer, powered by Oomph, automates the installation and update of Eclipse development environments:
- Windows 64 Bit (self-extracting exe)
- Windows 32 Bit (self-extracting exe)
- Mac OS 64 Bit (tar.gz)
- Linux 64 Bit (tar.gz)
- Linux 32 Bit (tar.gz)
Our help center is still work in progress but you may already find answers to your questions there.
Non-exhaustive list of features:
- Provisioning correct set of plugins in the Eclipse IDE.
- Binding Git repos (incl. personal Gerrit push URL).
- Checking out projects.
- Setting workspace preferences.
- Configuring dynamic working sets.
- Keeping project preferences files in sync.
The configuration is model driven, with the possibility to customize a lot for each project, each branch, each user…
Authoring Setup Models
Please read Oomph Authoring Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting in Touch
First browse the FAQ to see if your question has already been answered.
As a user you should post your questions and comments to the public forum:
- Web: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.oomph
- Newsgroup: news://news.eclipse.org:119/eclipse.oomph
You can also monitor the developer mailing list or discuss development topics:
- Archive: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/oomph-dev
- Mail: mailto:email@example.com
- Newsgroup: news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.oomph.devel
If you encounter trouble or miss a feature please:
- Search for existing bugzillas to avoid duplication.
- You can watch the
firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified about new bugzillas.
- If nothing else helps kindly submit a new bug report or feature request.
Contributing to Oomph
Please read the Oomph Contributor Guide.
- Walk-Through with Many Examples by Jörg Reichert (March 22nd, 2015)
- Quicker Start Guide for Oomph by Philipp Hauer and Alexander Nittka (June 30th, 2014)
- Creating Custom Installations with Oomph by Stefan Winkler (April 1st, 2014)
- Oomph: A Matter of Preference by Ed Merks (November 2014)
- Eclipse has Oomph by Eike Stepper (May 2014)
- Shoes for the Shoemaker by Ed Merks (February 14th, 2014)
- Eclipse Oomph bringt Schwung ins Projekt by Eike Stepper (June 26th, 2014)
- Oomph: Automatically Provision a Project-specific IDE a video recording of the talk at the EclipseCon France 2014/06.