Eclipse DemoCamp Mars 2015/Madrid
Ayre Gran Hotel Colón http://www.ayrehoteles.com/hotel-colon/
Date and Time
Thursday, May 21th, 2015, 9:00
Registration: The event is free but you need to register here
Sponsors & Organizers
- 9.00-9.30 Registration and welcome
- 9.30-10.15: What's new about Eclipse: the IDE and beyond! by Gaël Blondelle, Director of European Ecosystem Development at the Eclipse Foundation.
The Eclipse project was born in 2001, and the Eclipse Foundation turned 10. In the digital era, it looks old, but instead of resting on one's laurels, the Eclipse ecosystem innovates in new domains like IoT, Location aware technologies, Embedded Systems and more. This talk will present projects and initiatives you would not expect to find inside the Eclipse community if you still identify Eclipse mainly with the Java IDE. Open you eyes and your ears, and be ready to learn more about open innovation "à la" Eclipse.
- 10.15-11.15 "Open Source for the Internet of Things" by Benjamin Cabé, IoT Evangelist at the Eclipse Foundation
The Internet of Things is coming, and open source developer tools and frameworks are starting to take shape to support it. At Eclipse there is a vibrant community working on the very building blocks of every IoT application, from the standard communication protocols needed to achieve interoperability, to the frameworks that help build efficient and reusable software. In this presentation, Benjamin will be helping you understand the challenges of building IoT solutions, and he will show you why and how you should rely on open source technology for your next IoT project.
- 11.15-11.45 Networking breakfast
- 11.45-12.45 IOT testing and the integration of our toll TWF with eclipse by SQS presentation
- 12.15-13.15 Last minutes for networking