The Eclipse Foundation believes that facilitating networking and face-to-face interactions is important to growing the Eclipse community. One way the Foundation supports these interactions is by encouraging Foundation Member companies to help organize community events. One style of event is something we call an Eclipse Day - a day long event that has a published agenda focused on Eclipse technology. Another style of event are the more informal and shorter Eclipse DemoCamps.
The Eclipse Foundation has put together the following program to support and encourage the creation of Eclipse Days by our member companies. If you are interested in organizing an Eclipse Day, please contact email@example.com.
Eclipse Days 2012
As the 2012 Eclipse Day schedule matures, we will list more events here.
Currently, the following events are planned:
- Eclipse Testing Day, 5 September 2012, Darmstadt, Germany
- Day Naples, 20-21 September 2012 at the Air Force Academy in Pozzuoli
- Eclipse Day Delft, 27 September 2012
- Eclipse Finance Day, 16. October 2012, Zurich
Eclipse Day Criteria
The criteria for an Eclipse Day are:
- At least one Eclipse member company or the Eclipse Foundation is involved in the organization of the event.
- The Eclipse Day must be a community event open to the public, with presenters and sponsors from multiple organizations.
- The event must be at least 1 full day.
- The event program must demonstrate significant Eclipse content.
- There is a public web site that lists the program and registration information.
- Expected attendance for the event must be 50 people or more.
- The event is focused on a certain geography or industry.
Eclipse Foundation Assistance
The Eclipse Foundation will offer this help to approved events:
- Sponsorship funds matching those of the other participating sponsors, to a maximum of $1,500 USD. In return for the sponsorship, the Eclipse Foundation requests the access to the attendee list and e-mail addresses, plus sponsor acknowledgement during the event. (Note: we have a limited budget, so it will depend on the number of events organized.)
- We will publish a community bulletin on the eclipse.org homepage to drive awareness of the event.
- A listing in the monthly Eclipse Member Newsletter email
- A listing in the online Community Events calendar
- Wiki space, if needed, for the event's homepage
Promotional Opportunities Checklist
- Submit a press release or news announcement on your Eclipse Day to firstname.lastname@example.org for the http://www.eclipse.org homepage and RSS feeds
- Email details of your event to email@example.com to be posted on the Community Events calendar at http://www.eclipse.org/community/events/ and the monthly Eclipse Member Newsletter
- Post details of your event to the Eclipse forums at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/ - eclipse.foundation is probably best
- Post details of your event to Eclipsepedia at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Events
- Blog about your event - it's especially helpful if the writer's blog is aggregated on http://www.planeteclipse.org
- Record a podcast or video interview on your event and submit it to http://live.eclipse.org
- Post details of your event to the Eclipse social networking sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter (tag #eclipse) and Xing
Past Eclipse Days
- EclipseDay in Valencia, November 30-December 1, 2010
- Eclipse Embedded Day Spain, November 9, 2010
- Eclipse Day Paris, November 5, 2010
- Eclipse Integrated Developement Day Berlin, October 12, 2010
- Eclipse Day in Rome, October 5, 2010
- Eclipse-IT, September 30-October 1, 2010
- Eclipse Testing Day in Darmstadt, September 8, 2010
- Eclipse Day at the Googleplex, August 26, 2010
- Eclipse Embedded Day Stuttgart, June 24, 2010
- Eclipse Banking Day in Copenhagen, June 1, 2010
- Eclipse Day India, April 23, 2010
- Eclipse Day India, May 6, 2011
- Eclipse Integrated Development Day Berlin 2011, May 9th, 2011
- Eclipse Day Jakarta Indonesia 2011, May 30th, 2011
- Eclipse Embedded Day, Stuttgart , 12-13 July, 2011
- Eclipse Testing Day 2011, September 7th, 2011
- Eclipse Day Italy 2011 22-23 September, 2011
- Eclipse Embedded Day Spain 2011 17 October, 2011
- Eclipse Day Paris, November 8, 2011
- Jubula Training Day, 3 May 2012 - in conjunction with Eclipse Day Florence
- Eclipse Day Florence, 4 May 2012
- Eclipse Day Toulouse, 24 May 2012
- Eclipse Integrated Development Day, 30 May 2012, Berlin, Germany
For a complete list, please refer to Past Events