Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Currently EclipseLink supports Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB) targeting the 2.0 specification. While the JAXB implementation within EclipseLink will not be fully compliant with the JAXB 2.1 specification in the 1.0 release it offers many of the core features, advanced features beyond the specification, and can address compliance through its inclusion of the reference implementation when needed.
- Majority of annotations
- Generation of mapped domain model from XSD (Using JAXB RI's XJC)
- JAXBContextFactory - Use this class to specify that EclipseLink should be used as your JAXB runtime, see Specifying the EclipseLink JAXB Runtime.
- JAXBContext - Is a holder for all the mapping metadata, see Creating a Native OXM aware JAXBContext
- Marshaller & Unmarshaller - Use these classes to convert your objects to and from XML, see Using Objects to Manipulate XML.
- Binder - Keep your object model and XML document in synch as you modify each of them.
- Externalize object-XML mapping using EclipseLink's Native XML configuration file
- Map support
- Converter support for customer/extended types
- Note: Support for all features of ClassDescriptor (TODO: Add link)
- Pluggable parser support
- Visual Mapping Workbench utility