Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
< EclipseLink | Examples | REST
In this example we will create a bare bones standards based REST service using EclipseLink JPA & JAXB.
- Database Model - This is the database model that we will expose as a REST service.
- Entity Model - We will interact with our database using JPA entities.
- XML Binding - JAXB/MOXy will be used to apply an XML representation to our JPA entities.
- REST Service - An EJB session bean will be used to implment the JAX-RS service.
- REST Client - We will create a client to interact with our REST service.