Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
EclipseLink Dynamic MOXy introduces a new concept in JAXB development - the freedom to bootstrap a JAXBContext from a variety of metadata sources and use familiar JAXB APIs to marshal and unmarshal data, all without having actual compiled domain classes. This enables the metadata to be updated without worrying about updating and recompiling the previously-generated Java source code.
Instead of actual Java classes (e.g. Customer.class, Address.class, etc), the domain objects used in Dynamic MOXy will be subclasses of DynamicEntity. DynamicEntities offer a simple get(propertyName) / set(propertyName, propertyValue) API to manipulate their data. DynamicEntities have an associated DynamicType, which will be generated in memory when the metadata is parsed.
- Comparison with Static JAXB - See how dynamic JAXB compares with static JAXB.
- JAXB Context from XML Schema - See how to bootstrap a Dynamic JAXBContext from an XML Schema.
- XML to DynamicEntity - Learn how to unmarshal an XML document to dynamic entities.
- DynamicEntity to XML - Learn how to marshal a dyanamic entities to XML.
- Object Graphs (NEW in 2.5)- Learn how to use Object Graphs with Dynamic JAXB