EclipseCon Exercise 2010
Continuing in the tradition that Darin Swanson started at earlier EclipseCons, there will be organized runs at the 2010 edition.
Why run at EclipseCon?
- You have the opportunity to meet members of the community and get to know them better
- You'll be wide awake and ready to focus on the outstanding talks EclipseCon has to offer
- Burn off some calories from late nights in the Hyatt bar
- Get out of the building and breathe in some nice crisp clean air
- For those of us from a cold climate, no running in the snow for a week. Can't beat that!
We will be meeting in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency at 7am every morning for an early morning run. Here's a map for a possible run. Other suggestions welcome!
- Kim Moir
- Elias Volanakis
- Chris Aniszczyk
If you are interested in helping organize EclipseCon exercise, please add yourself to the list :-)
Please sign up here for the days you are interested participating. Don't be shy! There will be runners of all abilities. Running makes great conversation.
- Kim Moir, Mon-Thur
- Elias Volanakis, Mon-Thur
- Chris Aniszczyk, Mon-Thur
- Ian Bull, Mon-Thur
- Lynn Gayowski, Mon-Thur (I'll probably make 2/4 though - blame the Hyatt lobby bar!)
- Patrick Paulin, Mon-Thurs (what Lynn said)
- Charles Souillard & Mickael Istria, every day when our schedule permits
- Olivier Thomann, never run before. Never too late to start, right? (every day when my schedule permits)
- Michael Schneider, every day when my schedule permits
- Tom France, Mon-Thurs
- Michael Pellaton, Mon-Thur
- Philippe Marschall, Mon-Thur
- Deepak Azad, All days
- Brad Beck, Mon-Thur
- Marcelo Paternostro, yet another newbie here ;-) Mon-Thur when my schedule permits.
- Tonny Madsen, Mon-Thur
- Oisín Hurley, whenever I feel like it and my foot isn't too sore.
- Janet Campbell, Tues - Thurs
- Jean-Michel Lemieux - Tues - Thurs
- Bogdan Gheorghe, Mon-Thur
- Tom Schindl, Hopefully at least one day
- Moritz Eysholdt, When jetlag makes me a morning person
EclipseSource will be sponsoring this event and providing Eclipsecon exercise shirts for all participants. The Eclipse Foundation has generously offered to donate some Eclipse swag and running items for this event. There will be a different prize awarded each day. Motivated yet? I've suggested some prize categories. Please feel free to update them with your ideas.
- Runner farthest away from home
- Oldest running or conference shirt worn during EclipseCon Exercise ie. JavaOne 2005 shirt
- Most colourful running outfit
- Jazziest shoes
- Most flexible
- Slowest runner named Lynn (Lynn's suggestion)
- Fastest current EclipseCon Program Chair
At the beginning of March, I'll run a poll so the community can vote on the prize categories.