- All EPP Packages for the Galileo release are build from p2 repositories with the p2 director.
- Every package is defined by
- a feature
- a branding plug-in
- a epp.product file that is used to generate the EPP p2 repository
- a eclipse_PACKAGENAME_galileo.xml file (the old EPP config file) that is used for generating the website only.
- [currently] EPP p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/galileo/milestones/
EPP uses the following p2 repositories:
- Galileo Staging: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging/
- EPP p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/galileo/milestones/
- The CDT repository: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/updates/galileo/ (this is necessary because the Linux x86_64 are not available from the Galileo repository)
All EPP consists of two projects that are available from the EPP CVS. Changes should be requested by submitting a bug in bugzilla with an attached patch.
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/technology checkout -P org.eclipse.epp/packages
- eclipse_PACKAGENAME_galileo.xml: This file is the old EPP configuration file. It is only used to drive the website and contains the name, description, links to bugzilla, name of the maintainer, links to new and noteworthy, etc. The content of the package is not defined in this file (see feature.xml)!
- epp.product: Product configuration file that is used to generate the p2 repository which can be used by the p2 director to build the final package.
- feature.xml: See the examples in CVS. This file contains the branding plug-in and defines the content of the package [currently] in the "requires" section of the feature definition, e.g.
<requires> <import feature="org.eclipse.cvs" version="1.1.0" match="greaterOrEqual"/> <import feature="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui" version="1.1.0" match="greaterOrEqual"/> <import feature="org.eclipse.help" version="1.1.0" match="greaterOrEqual"/> ...
Local Package Build
A local package build is the same as running the p2 director on the above p2 repositories and installing special root IU's from the repositories. Available root IU's: epp.package.cpp, epp.package.java, epp.package.jee, epp.package.modeling, epp.package.php, epp.package.pulsar, epp.package.rcp, epp.package.reporting.