Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
This guide provides information for providers of marketplace instances that are called by the Eclipse Marketplace Client (MPC).
End-User URLs for solutions
In order to help solution vendors to facilitating installation of their solution, there are three ways for the MPC user to install a solution.
- Inside MPC: Select a marketplace and search for the solution, click Install
- DnD a MPC-enriched hyperlink into the running Eclipse instance
- Navigate to a MPC-enriched hyperlink with the Eclipse-internal browser
For the last two solutions, the marketplace needs to put a link on the web presentation of their solution that contains the necessary information for MPC. Here is an example for such a link:
<p> <a href="http://marketplace.eclipse.org/marketplace-client-intro?mpc_install=1376">Simple Install Link</a> </p>
To improve the user expierence, also images can be used to link to the install target:
<p> <a href="http://marketplace.eclipse.org/marketplace-client-intro?mpc_install=1376"> <img src="misc/mpcInstall.png" /> </a> </p>
- Link needs to to live on the marketplace itself (eg. http://marketplace.eclipse.org)
- Link needs to contain the "mpc_install" parameter with the node id as value (see Marketplace/REST)
- Link can contain text or images
User are now able to drag and drop this link into their running Eclipse instance to install the defined solution.