EMF Compare's focus is on providing a powerful, stable and proven framework for model comparison and merging. The API should be usable in any context from the plain Java application to the complete IDE customization.
- per namespace MatchEngine selection and dynamic switching instead of per file extension one Match Engine.
- 2 ways and 3 ways merge robustness
- High Performances during matching phase
- Match/Diff/Merge on elements not contained in a EMF Resource.
- MatchModel maintenance on incremental changes
- DiffModel maintenance on incremental changes
- Re-Usable Comparison UI Component
- Undo/Redo support in comparison editor
- ChangeModel to DiffModel and DiffModel to ChangeModel
- Integration with the Team Model Synchronization UI
- Generating a Custom Match Engine from Ecore Annotations.