Revision as of 15:01, 31 October 2007 by Codeslave.ca.ibm.com (New page: ==Install a JVM== * First, download and install a JVM (JRE or JDK), if one is not already installed. :* For EMF 2.2 or older, [[MDT/XSD/...)
Install a JVM
- First, download and install a JVM (JRE or JDK), if one is not already installed.
- Next, download and install Eclipse.
- Note that some Eclipse bundles already include an EMF runtime, so the next step can be omitted if you only need a runtime. (If you want the full SDK, which includes sources and docs, you will still need to install EMF even if the runtime is already present.)
- Finally, install EMF.
- If installing EMF via Update, see EMF Updates.
- If downloading EMF as a zip, see EMF Downloads.
- Once your zip is downloaded, just unpack it into your ~/eclipse/features/ and ~/eclipse/plugins/ folders and restart Eclipse.
- Advanced: use a .link file or .eclipseextension to install outside your main Eclipse install folder.
- You can also get EMF as part of a Europa bundle.