EGit/New and Noteworthy/5.8
- Diff Editor
- Menus/Hyperlinks: show commit ID, commit message in tooltip on newer Eclipse platform versions (>= 4.14)
- Outline: collapse all, compact tree
- Quick outline
- Repositories View
- Tag filtering; describe pattern syntax (substring, wildcards allowed, ^ and $ anchors; #<number>)
- Can select a <a href="https://git-scm.com/docs/git-bundle">git bundle file</a> to clone from.
- org.eclipse.egit.ui.RepositoriesViewClone command newly has a command parameter "repositoryUri". The value should be a string containing a clone URI. The command opens the clone wizard, if repositoryUri is set, it is used to pre-fill the dialog from the given clone URI. If the value cannot be parsed as a URI, it is silently ignored.
EGit 5.8 includes lots of less noticeable improvements in the UI, plus a number of bug fixes. The complete list of new features and bug fixes is available in the release notes.
The following X developers worked on this release:
<TBD: list of contributors, number>
See also the new features in JGit for additional information.