EGit/New and Noteworthy/5.8
The outline view of the diff viewer has now a toolbar:
There's a button to collapse all folders, and a button to toggle the presentation from a flat folder list to a hierarchical display.
When clicked, the content is shown using nested folders.
Additionally, the diff viewer now also has a "quick outline" that can be opened with the standard keybinding Ctrl/Cmd-O.
In the Git Repositories view, there is a new command on the "Tags" node to filter the tags.
It opens a text box where the user can enter a filter expression to restrict which tags will be shown:
A filter expression can be either of
- a name pattern: only tags with names matching the pattern are shown. The pattern can be any text and may include the wildcards '?' to denote any single character or '*' to mean any number of arbitrary characters. By default, the filter does a substring match. By prefixing the pattern with '^', it can be made to match only at the beginning, and if the last character is '$', the pattern will match only at the end.
- "foobar" will match any tag with a name containing "foobar"
- "foo*bar" matches any tag whose name contains "foo" and later "bar"
- "^foo" matches tags with names starting with "foo"
- "foo$" matches any tag whose name ends with "foo"
- "^foo$" only matches a tag named "foo"
- "foo*bar$" matches tags with names that contain "foo" and that end with "bar"
- To match '^' or '#' or '$' in a name, make sure it's not the first (or last, if '$') character. For instance "*^foo" or "^^foo" or "foo$*".
- To match '*' or '?' or '\' in a name, escape it with an additional '\': "foo\?" will match any tag whose name contains "foo?".
- a '#' followed by a number, for instance "#10". This shows only the 10 most recent tags determined by the commit date of the commit they point to.
If the user hits <return>, the filter pattern is saved. The filter is persisted and will be re-applied when Eclipse is re-started. Different repositories can have different tag filters. A filter can be removed by clearing its filter expression: all tags will be shown again.
<ESC> cancels the filter change.
- Can select a git bundle file to clone from.
- org.eclipse.egit.ui.RepositoriesViewClone command newly has a command parameter "repositoryUri". The value should be a string containing a clone URI. The command opens the clone wizard, if repositoryUri is set, it is used to pre-fill the dialog from the given clone URI. If the value cannot be parsed as a URI, it is silently ignored.
EGit 5.8 includes lots of less noticeable improvements in the UI, plus a number of bug fixes. The complete list of new features and bug fixes is available in the release notes.
The following X developers worked on this release:
<TBD: list of contributors, number>
See also the new features in JGit for additional information.