EGit/New and Noteworthy/2.1
Note that 2.1 is not yet released, please install from the Nightly Update Site to use these features.
- 1 EGit Features
- 1.1 "Push to Gerrit..." action
- 1.2 Delete untracked files in Staging View and Repositories View
- 1.3 Commit using Ctrl+Enter (Cmd+Enter) in Staging View and Commit Dialog
- 1.4 Show warnings/errors on files in Staging View and Commit Dialog
- 1.5 Context menu in Git Tree Compare view
- 1.6 Improved conflict markers for rebase/cherry-pick conflicts
- 1.7 Garbage Collector and Repository Storage Statistics
- 1.8 Other Improvements
- 2 Bugs Closed
"Push to Gerrit..." action
Delete untracked files in Staging View and Repositories View
The Staging View now has a context menu action Delete which makes it possible to delete untracked files directly from the view. The Repositories View has the same action.
When all the selected files are workspace resources, it's possible to undo the delete using the Edit -> Undo menu.
Before, it was always necessary to locate the file in the Package Explorer or Navigator. In the case of non-workspace resources, it was necessary to leave Eclipse.
Commit using Ctrl+Enter (Cmd+Enter) in Staging View and Commit Dialog
After having entered the commit message, it's now possible to commit using the Ctrl+Enter (or Cmd+Enter on Mac OS X) shortcut instead of clicking on the toolbar icon.
Show warnings/errors on files in Staging View and Commit Dialog
When there is a problem on a file, it was previously only possible to see this in the Package Explorer or Navigator. Now the decorations are also shown when preparing a commit, in the Commit Dialog and in the Staging View:
The Git Tree Compare view now has a context menu, with Open Working Tree Version and a Show In menu:
It now also acts as a selection provider, so that other views (e.g. History view) can track the selection of the Tree Compare view.
Improved conflict markers for rebase/cherry-pick conflicts
THEIRS, the conflict markers now show more useful information. For example, a conflicting cherry-pick:
<<<<<<< master a ======= b >>>>>>> bad1dea Message of the commit I'm cherry-picking
A conflict during rebase:
<<<<<<< Upstream, based on master a ======= b >>>>>>> b161dea Message of a commit I'm rebasing
Garbage Collector and Repository Storage Statistics
- performance of decorations in Synchronize View was improved
- MultiPullResultDialog supports multi-selection. The details button in MultiPullResultDialog can now also work with multi-selections.
- Staging View prompts if there are unsaved files on commit
56 Bugs and 17 enhancement requests were closed