ECF Conference Call 11.12.2013
Revision as of 16:31, 12 November 2013 by Slewis.composent.com (Talk | contribs)
- ECF 3.7.2 or 3.8.0 release
- We will plan on having a 3.7.2 release toward end of Nov/early Dec 2013. We jointly need to decide
an exact day and time, and schedule for 3.8.
- ECF has publicly committed to Juno simultaneous release...with (tentative for now) ECF 3.8
- ECF 4.x theme: Remove dependency to IExtensionRegistry to better support other OSGi runtimes
- Did not discuss
- Created enhancement bug and [ wiki page] to track work. We've jointly decided (with Thomas) to create a new ECF remote service host provider (based upon some as yet undefined wire protocol+serialization format...see bug), and a Python/iPopo-based remote service client to be a consumer of the service. This will show off both ECF's provider architecture (ability to create new transport providers and reuse all of the OSGi Remote Services/RSA work), and it will show off iPopo's easy interoperability with OSGi Remote Services.
- ECF at EclipseCon NA?
- Scott has desire to present/discuss ECF's OSGi remote services implementation, and advantages of using ECF's extensible provider architecture for interoperability (across protocols, languages, etc).
- ECF Logo contest
- Please review these designs, provide comments and feedback. To keep in mind: It would be nice to reuse the logo for (e.g.) program icons etc...so the design should ideally be able to scale down to 16x16 sizes...if at all possible.
- Markus Kuppe (ECF committer), Harshana Eranga Martin (ECF committer), Thomas Calmant (iPopo), Scott Lewis (ECF committer)