ECF/Implementation of RFC119
The ECF team members working on RFC119 support are:
- Scott Lewis - slewis at eclipsesource.com, phone (cell): 503-756-8719, ECF project lead
- Markus Kuppe - markus.kuppe at lemmster.de, lead for ECF discovery API work
- Jan Rellermeyer - rellermeyer at inf.ethz.ch, ECF committer representative on OSGi Enterprise Experts Group, implementer of r-OSGi and jSLP.
- Marcelo Mayworm - mayworm at gmail.com, ECF committer
Ongoing Work Areas
Siemens Contribution for Service Discovery
Siemens has conveyed an interest in contributing work that they have done on implementing the service discovery part of RFC119. Here is a page for tracking this work and communication between Siemens and ECF team.
ECF now has three bundles to support the delivery of ECF-based remote services implementions. The CVS path for accessing these bundles on dev.eclipse.org is /cvsroot/rt/org.eclipse.ecf/compendium/bundles, and the bundles are as follows:
- org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services -- Code from OSGi 4.2 compendium 20090123 version attached to cq: http://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2795
- org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery -- Code to implement discovery part of RFC 119 using ECF discovery API
- org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution -- Code to implement distribution part of RFC119 using ECF remote services API
- The org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services bundle is *only* to distribute the OSGi 4.2 compendium code (discovery and distribution packages only).
- I've only created a shell for org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery...I've not added any code yet.
- Code has recently been added to implement the use of the service registry hooks (RFC 126) to transparently register remote services.
- We will introduce new tests plugin: org.eclipse.ecf.tests.osgi.services.distribution for testing. We can do that for discovery soon as well. These will be placed in /cvsroot/rt/org.eclipse.ecf/tests/bundles
- We will add these three plugins to the ecf core set of bundles (core feature) for 3.5M6.