Difference between revisions of "ECE 2019 Community Day"
(Added details of the IoT and Edge Computing group)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
''Tuesday, October 22''
''Tuesday, October 22''
Revision as of 10:40, 8 July 2019
Welcome to the wiki page for learning about and planning for Community Day & Evening at EclipseCon Europe 2019. This part of the conference is organized by and for the Eclipse community. (The Eclipse Foundation provides logistical and financial support, but the community decides what will be happening.)
- 1 Community Day
- 2 Community Evening
Monday, October 21
9:00 - 18:30
The first day of the conference is all about community. The venue is open for whatever you want to do, from organized workshops to informal hacking sessions in the Power-Up Lounge. The Meet & Greet casual reception ends the day, with a focus on greeting new attendees and helping them meet other community members.
Some gatherings will be in session rooms with A/V available and set start and stop times; others will take place around a table in an open space.
To see what we did at Community Day last year, visit the 2018 page.
How to Use this Page
Use this page for two reasons:
- To propose a topic that you are willing to organize
- To add you name to the topics that you would like to attend
Use this template to propose your idea. (Examples of Type are planned workshop, informal discussion, group meeting, coding session, etc.)
Organizer Contact Info
To help us gauge interest and allocate the right space, add your name under Attendees for the gatherings that you would like to attend.
Tuesday, October 22
Community Evening is new, so we are just getting started on it. We are hoping that the community will organize hackathons or other coding sessions, meetings, BoF-like sessions, etc.
There will be a beverages available with a bar set up on both levels of the venue, with beer, wine, water, and juice.
IoT and Edge Computing
Group meeting for anyone interested in the IoT, Edge and Sparkplug working groups
- Frédéric Desbiens, Eclipse Foundation
- Jens Reimann, Red Hat
- Kai Hudalla, Bosch
For the time being, the following segments have been suggested for the event:
- Jens Reimann — Eclipse IoT project updates, Presentations (5 slides each per project), 60 minutes
- Kai Hudalla — The new "Endorse Me" feature that allows including non-member logos on project pages, Presentation, 15 mins
- Gaël Blondelle — Have a common session with the Automotive Working Groups to discuss synergies and cross-fertilization
- Frédéric Desbiens — The Eclipse Edge Computing working group, Discussion, 60 minutes
Feel free to add you suggestions to that list!
- Frédéric Desbiens
- Jens Reimann
- Kai Hudalla