E4/UI/Running the photo demo
< E4 | UI
Revision as of 16:40, 6 February 2009 by Boris Bokowski.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)
- Make sure you've installed the e4 UI runtime components as described here.
- Optionally, install the EMF SDK to be able to open .xmi files using the EMF editor: "Help" -> "Install New Software..." -> "Models and Model Development" -> "EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework", then restart Eclipse.
- Now check out the e4 photo demo project from CVS as follows:
- Start Eclipse with an empty workspace directory.
- Select File > Import...
- Select CVS > Projects from CVS.
- Click Next.
- Copy the CVS repository location and paste it into the "Host" field to populate the wizard page: :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/eclipse
- You should see "Host: dev.eclipse.org, Repository path: /cvsroot/eclipse, User: anonymous, Connection type: pserver".
- Click Next and select the second option "Use an existing module".
- Drill down as follows: e4 > org.eclipse.e4.ui > examples > org.eclipse.e4.demo.e4photo.
- With "org.eclipse.e4.demo.e4photo" selected, click Finish.
- This will check out one project into your workspace. Expand the project in the Package Explorer.
- Open the "e4photo.product" file.
- Click on the link "Launch an Eclipse Application" at the bottom left of the .product file editor.
The e4 photo demo application will come up.