E4/Resources/Semantic File System
Semantic File System (SFS) represents an add-on to the Eclipse Resource Management that augments the Resources Plug-in API with an additional API to work with RESTful or REST-like resources. The implementation is based on EFS. The Semantic File System introduces a new SPI to be implemented by content providers that handle access via their specific communication protocol or proprietary client library.
- E4/Resources/Semantic File System/Use Cases
- E4/Resources/Semantic File System/FAQ
Semantic File System is now part of Eclipse e4 build and can be downloaded from e4 project download page.
The source code for implementation, examples and tests resides in Eclipse CVS. Following Project Set files can be used to import sources into Eclipse workspace:
- SFS APIs, SPIs and implementation: e4.resources.sfs.psf
- SFS examples: e4.resources.sfs.examples.psf
- SFS JUnit tests: e4.resources.sfs.test.psf
Brief introduction to the source code can be found here: E4/Resources/Semantic File System/Where to Look at First.