E4/Meeting Minutes/Status 20111117
< E4 | Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 11:52, 17 November 2011 by John arthorne.ca.ibm.com (New page: = Attendees = * David * Brian * John * Remy * Dean * Paul * Oleg * Bogdan = Minutes = * Brian hacked up CSS spy tool. For viewing CSS settings for different parts of the page ** Can sear...)
- Brian hacked up CSS spy tool. For viewing CSS settings for different parts of the page
- Can search for widgets by CSS selector
- Will be added to the e4 tools repository (will be built and available in 0.12-I-builds repository)
- Working on fixing quick access defects
- Working on tagging automation in Eclipse 4 and e4 build
- Some discussion on whether we still need to freeze master during milestone week
- There are a number of different approaches we can take here - special end-game branch, cherry-pick fixes into integration, etc. We can discuss this when the time comes.
- Investigating performance of commands and handlers
- Evaluation service uses active leaf, so all evaluations need recomputing when active leaf changes (change active part)
- Looking at handling style sheet changes when someone edits the style of the running application
- Need to store user modifications separately so they can be reverted
- Seeing problems with breakpoints on GTK
- Selection problem with git compare acting on old selection. We believe it is fixed but keep an eye out for it.
- Also seeing problem with Paste acting on editor below a dialog.
- Strong EclipseCon proposals on Eclipse 4. 21 submissions so far competing for about 10 slots.
- Will soon begin on writing up detailed description of Eclipse 4 architecture
- Proposal to change API of Eclipse 4 events to make it simpler to use
- Dean will send out a note summarizing the changes
- We are falling behind on Platform UI triage, need to catch up on backlog