DTP PMC Meeting April 1, 2008
Revision as of 16:50, 1 April 2008 by John.graham.sybase.com
- John Graham
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- Sheila Sholars
- Linda Chan
- Reminder: New conference call numbers for DTP meetings starting next week.
- General observation: it is somehow fitting that the last DTP meeting I conduct is on April Fools Day
- Welcoming Brian Fitzpatrick to the DTP PMC chair role
- Open discussion
- Announcements from agenda
- Test period before declaring milestones: In order to avoid last minute regressions like we've seen so far in M6, we should require that milestone work be completed early enough before the deadline so testing can occur. Since release candidates are subject to the Rampdown Policy, we're only concerned about DTP 1.6M7 here. The PMC agrees to the following policy:
- Commits for M7 will be allowed through the build start time on Tuesday, April 29th.
- Testing will occur between 4/30 through 5/2.
- Committers wishing to include additional bug fixes in M7 between 4/30 and 5/2 in an associated Bugzilla entry must:
- Document the severity and impact of the bug: why should this be included in the milestone at such a late date?
- Document the proposed resolution, risk, and validation testing that will occur
- Petition the DTP PMC for permission to deliver the change to the build. At least two (2) of the four (4) PMC members must approve, with no PMC member objecting, for the bug to be authorized for the M7 build.