DTP PMC Meeting, May 20, 2008
Revision as of 18:34, 22 May 2008 by Lchan.actuate.com (Talk | contribs) (→Minutes)
← Back to DTP PMC Meeting Page
- Brian Fitzpatrick
- John Graham
- Linda Chan
- Sheila Sholars
- Sheila/David Williams DTP/WTP smoke test question resolution (just to let Sheila know) (http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_Smoke_Test)
- Ecore-ODA driver - how's that going? are they splitting into an ECore 2.2.x version and a 2.3 version?
- Ingres wants to contribute to Enablement (yay!)
- Community question about Babel project involvement and internationalization - what's our level of support for internationalization in 1.6?
- Emergency contact info
- Open discussion
- Discussion of Ingres contribution - Incubator vs. Enablement
- As far as Babel goes, Doshiro is working on DTP translations - based on the SQL Query Builder feature, probably ~90 plug-ins of the 100+ DTP plug-ins, in 6 languages. When Ganymede is released, we will send the Actuate-contributed translations to Babel or let them know the translation is available in CVS. Then it is up to Babel to create NL packs for them. In any case, since the translations are in DTP CVS, anyone can access them directly.
- John will be gone next week and not available for meetings
- Contact Ingres with conversation about contribution
- Check to see about the Babel project's timeline for Ganymede
Tabled for Later Discussion
- Discuss after Ganymede release
- Discuss DTP charter change to simplify addition of a committer to two or more subprojects at the same time without going through separate committer elections
- Perhaps in the future come up with a Component architecture document that shows DTP dependencies to consumers
- Schedule a "scrubbing" pass of the bug backlog after 1.6 (over the summer) to close bugs that we won't ever fix (minor tweaks, things that have been obsoleted along the way, etc.) to try and reduce the bug count