DTP 1.8.2 Schedule and Rampdown Policy
- 10/8/10 - Draft, to be reviewed by PMC
This document defines a schedule and set of ramp-down policies for DTP 1.8.2. The goal is to ensure that DTP stability and completeness converges on the 1.8.2 release dates, while allowing mechanisms for changes as necessary.
- 1.8.2RC1 - 1/18/11
- 1.8.2RC2 - 2/1/11
- 1.8.2RC3 - 2/8/11
- 1.8.2RC4 - 2/15/10
- 1.8.2 Release - 2/25/11 (last Friday of February 2011)
- Helios SR2 release train as a +1 project. Those dates are [here].
Things to Keep in Mind
- Nightly builds take place from Monday to Thursday. Integration builds takes place on Friday.
- During a test phase, there are no builds. We take the build before the test phase and test it. If we run across extreme issues, we will respin and retest.
- During the test/fix phase for the RC, we will do regular daily builds. Once we are in the test/fix phase, where PMC approvals are needed, we will not build nightly, but will build as needed (2/8/11 and beyond).
- On Push days, we will take the Monday Shanghai build (which is our Sunday at 2pm PST) and if it's good, we will push it to the update site that Monday evening (SH Tuesday a.m.). If things are not good, we will fix the issues and respin the build, taking the respun build and pushing it to the update site.
- DTP builds will take place at 5am (Shanghai time).
- In general, builds occur Mon - Fri at 2pm Shanghai time, which is equivalent to Sun - Thu 2pm PST.
- DTP committers should refrain from updating map files for +/- 30 minutes around the start of the build, to avoid version inconsistencies in the map file set.
- See the Build Transition page for additional details about regular DTP builds
Starting on Friday, 1/14/11, and continuing through Tuesday, 2/15/11, the latest available DTP 1.8.2 integration build (done each Friday, as noted above) will be tested for promotion. If no substantial defects are found, then the build will be promoted.
Note: Builds occur on the days noted, at 5am (Shanghai time).
- 1.8.2 Release - 9/24/10