DTP 1.6.2 Update Manager Issues
Revision as of 11:46, 16 June 2009 by Eclipsebugs.ncode.nl (Talk | contribs) (Added another possible solution)
The purpose of this document is to provide a few ideas for those people encountering issues when upgrading from DTP 1.6 or 1.6.1 to our 1.6.2 release.
Some of the bugzilla entries and newsgroup items logged for this issue include:
- BZ 267183: Installing the DataToolsPlatform SQL Developer Tools within an RCP will lead to an NoClassDefFoundError
- Newsgroup: Datatools Install/Uninstall Problems
- Newsgroup: How do I repair eclipse (remove datatools)?
- Newsgroup: Re: Can't install a thing
- Newsgroup: No repository found - Cannot install any new feature in Eclipse
- Newsgroup: Dependency problem: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core
- Downloaded DTP 1.6.1, EMF 3.4.1, GEF 3.4.1, and Eclipse 3.4.1. Used Update Manager through the Ganymede Update Site to grab the 1.6.2 version of DTP. Restarted. No errors.
- Deleted all DTP features and plug-ins. Restarted. Unable to open DTP perspective in workspace. Tried new workspace, still unable to open DTP perspectives. Closed workbench.
- Started eclipse with "-clean" command-line option. Still not able to use DTP features. Obviously deleting the DTP bits and copying over new ones isn't the way to go.
Few Things to Try
Though I'm currently trying to reproduce the reported issues, but here are a few things to try:
- Delete org.eclipse.datatools.* features (from the eclipse/features directory) and plugins (from the eclipse/plugins directory).
- Install from the 1.6.2 zip.
- Now try re-running the update to see if that clears up the issues.
This worked for me at least once:
- Exit Eclipse
- Remove or rename the folder p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/cache in your Eclipse installation
- Start Eclipse