- Christian Kurzke (Motorola)
- Mauren Brenner (Motorola)
- Fabio Fantato (Motorola)
- Daniel Franco (Motorola)
- Javier Montalvo-Orus (Symbian)
- Project status
- Round table
- Christian mentioned that an internal team he has contact with has come up with a proposal for an extension of the RFB (VNC) protocol. Whereas the standard RFB protocol handles a single keyboard and display pair, the extended protocol handles multiple displays and input devices (e.g. keypad, iPod-like wheel etc.).
- It was suggested that they should clean up the proposal and discuss it on the mailing list.
- One of the issues to be discussed is whether the extended protocol should use a single port to handle multiple I/O, or have different sessions or ports to handle those devices.
- Javier recommends using multiple sessions on VNC, with a discovery protocol (e.g. as provided by TM) being used to find out what the configuration used by a given emulator is.
- Another issue to be discussed is VNC skinning, i.e. whether the client or server end should handle the picture of the keypad and other visual elements of the emulated device.
Next Steps and Action Items
- RFB protocol extension to be cleaned up and posted on the mailing list for discussion.
- Emulator framework javadocs to be uploaded to the wiki.
- Emulator framework whitepaper to be uploaded as PDF file (note: not ready yet).
- Ideas and suggestions on remote emulator support to be posted to the mailing list for discussion.
- TmL team to look into the discovery use cases, protocol and component provided by TM to find out how it could be used for the IDE to find out the configuration of an emulator VNC server.
- Javier to send the TM discovery link to the TmL mailing list.
- TmL team to gather ideas for the next TM release and participate in the next open meeting (every first Wednesday of the month, so 6 June).
The next TmL open meeting will be in a fortnight, on 12 June 2007, same time and dial-in number.