Difference between revisions of "DSDP/TML/Agenda29May07"
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
== Summary ==
== Summary ==
Revision as of 15:31, 29 May 2007
|Berlin (Germany - Berlin)||Tuesday May 29 2007||4:00:00 PM||UTC+2 hours CEST|
|Helsinki (Finland)||Tuesday May 29 2007||5:00:00 PM||UTC+3 hours EEST|
|London (U.K.)||Tuesday May 29 2007||3:00:00 PM||UTC+1 hour BST|
|San Francisco (U.S.A. - California)||Tuesday May 29 2007||7:00:00 AM||UTC-7 hours PDT|
|Sao Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo)||Tuesday May 29 2007||11:00:00 AM||UTC-3 hours|
|Stockholm (Sweden)||Tuesday May 29 2007||4:00:00 PM||UTC+2 hours CEST|
Click here for World Clock.
- US: 1877 825 8522
- UK: 0808 234 7914
- Brazil: 0800 891 6245
- Finland: 0800 11 6433
- Sweden: 020 79 3867 or 020 088 4643
International Toll Number: US: +1 702 495 1500
- Christian Kurzke (Motorola)
- Mauren Brenner (Motorola)
- Fabio Fantato (Motorola)
- Daniel Franco (Motorola)
- Javier Montalvo-Orus (Symbian)
- Project status
- Round table
- Christian mentioned that an internal team he has contact with has come up with a proposal for an extension of the RFB (VNC) protocol. Whereas the standard RFB protocol handles a single keyboard and display pair, the extended protocol handles multiple displays and input devices (e.g. keypad, iPod-like wheel etc.).
- It was suggested that they should clean up the proposal and discuss it on the mailing list.
- One of the issues to be discussed is whether the extended protocol should use a single port to handle multiple I/O, or have different sessions or ports to handle those devices.
- Javier recommends using multiple sessions on VNC, with a discovery protocol (e.g. as provided by TM) being used to find out what the configuration used by a given emulator is.
- Another issue to be discussed is VNC skinning, i.e. whether the client or server end should handle the picture of the keypad and other visual elements of the emulated device.