Skip to main content
| Meeting Title:
|| Conference Call on Target Management
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday Jan 9, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 9am PST
| Primary International Dial-in:
|| +44 (0)1452 567588
| USA Freephone Dial-In:
|| +1 (866) 6161738
| UK National Dial-In:
|| 0587322148 #
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
Update on RSE Status
- Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and approved by EMO. Now working on SVN Repository at Eclipse.org
- Project Plan Status - still on the TM Future Planning page only
- Codebase status - API changes for TM 3.0 in HEAD stream - See recent 3.0M4 build notes; nothing yet form TM 2.0.3
- Latest information about API changes are in the build notes of recent I-builds (weekly every Thursday)
- Working on improved release engineering scripts, especially for running unit tests nightly
- Accepted TM Tutorial (with focus on TCF), and a Short Talk (TM Ganymede News).
- RSE also referenced in some other talks
- DaveM: IBM needs UI for changing ownership and permission bits on remote files
- Want a common UI for Dstore, FTP, SSH.
- Martin: Remote file systems are different... implement it in the specific subsystem(s) only?
- DaveD: Use an Adaptor pattern on the Service? - Would be very flexible since 3rd parties can register an additional Adaptor even for an existing Service
- DaveM: What about a "DStore-only" connection type?
- Filter Pools: problems in wizard, might be created against default subsystem instead of the selected one -- DaveD to look into deferring filter creation; Martin: Wizard UI improvement bug (select services first)
- Remove Kushal and Ted as committers? - Ask Ted and Kushal directly
- TCF vs ECF - clarified through conf.call -- Scott Lewis wants integration - will work on.
Community Feedback and Status
- Community's most wanted
- PHP / PDT people hot on EFS fixes and improvements
- Community contributions
- Francesco Crivelli - working on Terminal integration with RSE - To be contributed by end of January
- Proposed contribution from Patrick Juhl for SSH Tunnel integration with RSE
- RSE being used by the Community, but no contributions for BugDay
Action Items to Review
New Action Items
Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.