Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Nov-2008
|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Target Management|
|Date & Time:|| Wednesday Nov 5, 2008 at 1700 UTC / 9am PST|
HTML | iCal
|Primary International Dial-in:||+44 (0)1452 567588|
|USA Freephone Dial-In:||+1 (866) 6161738|
|UK National Dial-In:||08712460713|
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- IBM - Kevin Doyle, Dave McKnight, Xuan Chen, Dave Dykstal
- MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
Update on RSE Status
- Switching to Skype for monthly calls - AI Martin update the Wiki
- M3 is next week - no testing, just create a N&N
- TM 3.1 plan, along with a DSDP/TM/3.1 Ramp down Plan
- Remove EFS from the project plan ... ok for everyone
- bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT bug - need to find out how to report progress for the background file transfer, Rado?
- Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
- Galileo Simultaneous Release#Requirements For Participation: Participate in Babel (done)
- Get rid of Platform "internal" usage - IBM Product work hopefully winding down next month, schedule some time in Dec/Jan
- Build process maturity: repeatable, scriptable, usable by others
- Basic Capability / Activity definitions
- Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
- Need a fixed date for 3.0.2 -- mid december? - AI DaveM follow up with product team to get exact date
- Need to release into the Mapfile for M-builds to pick up fixes
- Testing: give 3 weeks for product teams to test, no official open source testing
- bug 238574 Website Revamp? We have a bugzilla "Website" component now... still no volunteers
- Target Communication Framework - DSDP/TM/TCF FAQ available and plan theme, shooting for 1.0 under discussion.
- Bugs still assigned to 3.0 -- Xuan, DaveD!
- Abbot pretty much dead -- looking at SWTBot now
- Unittests, Findbugs?
- Martin - mostly switching to Platform/Core, E4 and EAC and RXTX work. For TM doing bug reviews, releng, and few selected fixes as interesting for WR.
- DaveD - will look at M3 assigned bugs, product work winding down
- DaveM - continuing 60% fixes on open RSE
- Kevin - catching up on backport reviews, fair amount on open RSE
- Xuan - mostly product work but winding down, helping Kevin on reviews, start looking on own bugs
- Anna - mostly on generic Terminal / Telnet, but without automatic service creation via adapter (Telnet and SSH only for now)
Community Feedback and Status
- Community contributions
- Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - no news. In JSch Session.setPortForwardingL() there seems to be an incompatibility between Eclipse 3.3 and 3.4 (according to JSch mailing list). SSH Tunnel being used by Collabnet Cubit
- bug 196337 - TM Local Terminal Connector - waiting on fix for CDT Spawner
- Freescale contributions to be reviewed - bug 247876 apply host to project; bug 247878 systemHostCombo with subsystems; bug 247879 project cache for RSE host settings
- bug 236205 Generic Display subsystem (as a host for vnc etc)
- Vacations, away times
- Anna Nov 8 - 15;
- Anna, Martin on ESE Nov 17-20
- DaveDMartin last week of dec and 1st week of Jan
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 1-Oct-2008
- Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 15-Oct-2008
- Martin old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D
- Martin - modify Wiki template for using Skype on monthly calls; contact Rado; remove EFS from project plan; N&N for TM 3.1M3, link into Portal?
- Xuan, DaveD - get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs
- DaveM - come up with 3.0.2 release date