Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 3-Oct-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday Oct 3, 2007 at 1500 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Rupen Mardirossian, (Dave Dykstal n/a)
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, (Uwe Stieber n/a), (Michael Scharf n/a)
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 11-Sep-2007
- F2F meeting: DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007
- Skype Call Quality
- Javier's mic not working - trying to fix it; echos
- Code and Branching
- Dont have a 3.0M2 contribution -- using 2.0.1 instead
- No reviews for 3.0 but take care; ask for review if something should go into 2.0.2
- Branch R2_0_maintenance for 2.0.2 fixes; all the rest goes into HEAD (3.0)
- Normal checkins to HEAD, just let everybody know in case of an API change
- For checkin to the branch, create a separate bug for the same issue
- When marking a bug fixed, please set target milestone (3.0 M3)
- Committer Calls less frequently now
- Martin proposes meetings every 2 weeks - if issues come up anybody can request a meeting
- DaveM might need more frequent meetings to address questions
- Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
- Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
- DaveD: - vacation - bug 202630 new meaning of "default private system profile"?
- DaveM: - bug 187739 exists() method in the SystemViewElementAdapter
- Kevin: -
- Xuan: - fixed a bug + added unittest, checkin pending; will need to do IBM stuff the next 2 weeks
- Javier: - will look at bug 199773 FTP upload as binary
- bug 202416 Question for DaveD: NPE when loading profile: made it more robust, but how could it come that RSE profile data is wiped with zeros? What happens when an IOException occurs while saving a profile, can it become corrupted or is there a safeguard?
- Uwe: -
- Rupen: - busy with IBM stuff
- Michael: -
- DaveD vacation Spt 27 - Oct 9
- Martin at ESE Oct 9 - 12
- Canadian Thanksgiving Monday Oct 8
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: fixes, unit tests
- DaveM: fixes, unit tests
- Xuan: fixes, unit tests
- Kevin: fixes, unit tests
- Martin: Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: fixes, unit tests
- Michael: Terminal performance improvements