Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008

< DSDP‎ | TM
Revision as of 13:46, 5 March 2008 by (Talk | contribs) (New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Committer Phone Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Mar 26, 2008 at [

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Mar 26, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1100 Rochester / 1200 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype

Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #

MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.

Invited Attendees

  • IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Uwe Stieber, Michael Scharf, Eugene Tarassov
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus

This is an Open call, so anyone else can join (though we expect the talk to be interesting for committers only).


Current Work

  • Skype Call Quality
    • Better redial if quality problems
  • M6 Focus
    • Focus on finalizing API Changes for M6 - Please review your bugs and check "target milestone" assignment. If API might be involved, assign to M6.
    • Unit Tests - next priority after API
      • Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see FTPFileSubsystemTestCase - AI Xuan, DaveM Use Properties for unit tests
  • Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches
    • Community Contributions from
      • bug 195402 Johnson Ma: tgz archive handler (AI Johnson cleanup required)
      • bug 218880 Johnson Ma: ssh keepalive UI (AI Johnson cleanup required)
      • bug 210682 Rupen's multi-file copy/move/overwrite dialog
    • Bug Discussions
      • bug 190231 subsystem UI -> Core: AI DaveD help with Wizard Pages and the way they are registered; make them adaptable somehow
      • bug 220892 reving down dstore protocol version - AI DaveM add a Handler Hook for registering handshake handler / error handler
      • bug 197167 Callback to know when RSE model is fully restored - AI DaveD Local Connection Preference: move from UI to Core; JobChangeListener join; stampfiles - looks good
      • bug 221211 MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. AI DaveD/DaveM update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
      • bug 220379 Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter, AI Martin comment on bug (object reference idea)
      • bug 220547 SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local
      • bug 220995 Xuan: Can we remove some interface provided by SystemSelectRemoteFileAction and


      • bug 218947 IRemotePath idea - AI DaveM create new defect for the API change
        • Martin: Migration could be stepwise, if we are able to convert String into IRemotePath and vice versa
        • DaveM: Naming convention -- IHostPath instead of IRemotePath since located in the Service?
  • Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
    • Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
  • TM Website
    • AI Kevin follow up on his website proposals
  • Bug Fixing - Remember our 2-fix-per-week / 3 unittests-per-milestone plan
    • Since our DSDP/TM/Face-to-face Meeting Toronto 17-Sep-2007 it's now 27 weeks / 4 milestones, so each committer is due 54 fixes / 9 unittests
    • Current situation is on this bugzilla report
    • Unittests: when adding a test, please add the tag //-test-author:YourName in front of it
      • DaveM - 5
      • DaveD - 22
      • KevinD - 11
      • MartinO - 3
      • TobiasS - 3
      • UweS - 7
      • XuanC - 51
      • Total - 101
      • Javier - 0
  • Javier almost finished on Symbian assignment, will have some time for RSE but needs to talk to Manager
    • Martin updating Commons Net to 1.5.0
    • bug 212382 ftpListingParser initCommands
  • DaveD
    • bug 217894 Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- change wizard pages from API into plugin.xml markup? AI All comment on the bug
    • Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use one format for export only in the UI,, perhaps allow multiple providers for import (for migration), perhaps allow multiple kinds of export via API.
  • DaveM: -
    • EFS and encodings - No response from platform - suggstion alternative EFS provider, always convert into UTF-8, continue discussion on the defect
  • Kevin: -
  • Xuan: - Will mostly be busy with IBM / Migration work; add useractions to PII mapfile
  • Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
    • Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and
    • JSch-0.1.37, Commons.Net 1.5.0
    • Next tasks - EclipseCon presentation; Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
  • Uwe: -
  • Rupen: -
  • Michael: -
  • Questions

Vacation, Away

Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • Everyone: Review bug 216252 SystemMessages refactoring
  • DaveD:
  • DaveM: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Xuan: Use Properties for Unit Tests
  • Kevin: Website Updates
  • Martin: EclipseCon; finish new releng; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Newsgroup
  • Javier: bug 212382 ftp initCommands; add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
  • Michael: Terminal improvements

Next Meeting

Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.