DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 12-Dec-2007
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Dec 12, 2007 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 27-Nov-2007
- Skype Call Quality
- Excellent with 4 participants
- M4 approaching - should we arrange for an RC / test round before Christmas?
- I-build on Thursday 20th would be candidate for M4
- Xuan won't have time for testing; want to finish cancelable fix for archives on dstore (code done but not tested)
- Finished majority of release work for IBM should now be able to concentrate on TM 100%. Will be working between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- bug 209704 - Contribute encoding conversion extension point - finished
- bug 209703 - Can one property page affect the contents of another property page?
- Have a UI extension point for modifying encoding properties? - Problem is that it's not always applicable; extending an existing property page might be a maintenance nightmare
- Better show the "special encoding" stuff on the same page as the original encoding property page - have them register an "enhanced property page" which not only shows their additional controls, but also the original encoding control.
- Working on "cancelable" fix for archive support in dstore
- Javier: -
- Will commit some unit tests till christmas; will work on "console input" enhancement for FTP
- Participating on DemoDay in London, showed a Symbian Demo on TM - attendance about 15 people
- Took a quick look at TCF source code, porting agent to Symbian should be simple
- Martin: - Been working on TCF mostly; will need more feedback
- Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
- Questions - support Mac OS as secondary platform
- Secondary platform definition:
For all IES problems on a Secondary Platform/JRE, first an attempt must be made to replicate the problem on a Primary Platform/JRE. If it can be replicated on a Primary Platform/JRE then it will be entered into the standard Primary Platform/JRE support process and prioritized accordingly. If it cannot be reproduced on a Primary Platform/JRE, then the Eclipse team will rely on the submitter for platform/JRE expertise and equipment to de-bug the problem. It will be added to the support queue, and prioritized with all outstanding defects.
- Martin: Our Platform commitments depends on what committer can actually support it. AI DaveD decide whether he wants MacOS X as primary or secondary platform.
- What TM release to best take for a Service release based on Eclipse 3.3?
- TM 2.0.2 is best.
- Secondary platform definition:
- Jan 2 is fine for Xuan, DaveM
- Javier on vacation Dec.22 until Jan.6
- DaveM vacation Dec.24 till Jan.1
- Xuan Dec.21 till Jan.2
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD: fixes, unit tests, Mac commitment?
- DaveM: Ask committers about multi-property-dialog; fixes, unit tests; ask Violaine about bug 209704
- Xuan: fixes, unit tests
- Martin: Update bugzilla's; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Releng Fixes, Newsgroup
- Javier: fixes, unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
- Committer Phone Meeting 2-Jan-2008: discussed on the 9-Jan-2008 monthly meeting instead
- Monthly DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 9-Jan-2008 at 9am PST / 1700 UTC
- DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 23-Jan-2008 at 1600 UTC