This is the main page for documentation effort in MTJ project.
If you're looking for User documentation itself, download and install our latest nightly build and look for "Mobile Tools for Java" inside Eclipse help contents.
Where we are now?
Nowadays, MTJ user's documentation is shipped within MTJ and is accessible through Eclipse Help Menu. The current contents were copied from EclipseME user's documentation together with EclipseME source code. During this process some sections of the documentation became unnecessary, some became outdated and some new sessions are now required.
- Update existing documentation to reflect current MTJ status (see bug 238138).
- Publish documentation on MTJ website for online access.
- Refactor "table of contents" to have sections more aligned with the ones existent on other Eclipse Projects (such as JDT).
Your participation can help MTJ having a better User documentation. Point out problems encountered in current docs, suggest enhancements, send patches to fix the bugs listed below or write new doc, articles or tutorials. Take a look at the contributing page to see how to start.
Here is the list of user's documentation sections and their actual status:
- Configuring MTJ and Eclipse (OK)
- Best Practices (Screenshots outdated)
- Creating a new MIDlet Project (Screenshots outdated)
- Java Application Descriptor Editor (Screenshots outdated)
- Create A New Midlet (Screenshots outdated)
- Running/Debugging a MIDlet (Screenshots outdated, running/debugging through right-click on project is not working)
- Packaging (Screenshots outdated, there are references to old EclipseME menus)
- Advanced Topics
- Device Management
- Advanced - Adding JAR Files to a MIDlet Suite
- Adding Javadoc or Source links to WTK libraries
- Launch Configuration Settings
- Mobile Tools for Java Preferences
- Project Properties
- Antenna Support
- About MIDlet Suite Signing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Developer Documentation