Context Data Model 1.1 Open Issues
Revision as of 19:02, 25 September 2006 by Paul.socialphysics.org (→Related to Higgins.owl's relationship to the IdAS API)
Related to Higgins.owl
- Should we rename DatatypeAttribute to SimpleAttribute, and similarly, ObjectAttribute to ComplexAttribute? This would line up better with Jim's latest API
- Higgins.owl: we need to add the full set of DatatypeAttribute subclasses that correspond to the XML Schema types. We currently have only StringDatatypeAttribute. We need to add Base64BinaryDatatypeAttribute, NormalizedStringDatatypeAttribute, ... and all the rest. (This is planned to be done prior to the next dev call on 9/28).
- At present, other than having an Attribute subclass for each of the std OWL (XML Schema-based) literal datatypes, we have defined no ObjectAttribute subclasses. The question is should we go a bit further and define some very common complex types such as postalAddress? or even tricky singled-stringed values such as zipcode?
- We need to develop an example of an ontology that is based on higgins.owl but that emphasises how to model relationships between Digital Subjects
Related to higgins.owl's relationship to the IdAS API
- API currently assumes that the 'type' of the value of an Attribute can be determined a priori by an examination of the 'type' (see getType() on IProperty) of the IAttribute (IProperty). At best only a the supertype can be a priori determined, and in some cases multiple supertypes are allowed. (Details in Paul's email to Jim and the higgin-dev list of Fri 9/22)