Components Page Conventions
This page describes the definitions and table formatting conventions used on these pages: Components.
- See Diagram Key
Three kinds of tables
There are three kind of tables on these Components pages:
- Single project
- tables that describe a single Component and implement it with a single Project (row). Example.
- tables that describe a single Component but contain multiple alternative implementation Projects (rows). Example.
- tables that describe a set of rows each of which is a Component. Example.
The tables on the Components page uses these templates:
- Template:HigCompTblHead2SingleRow - table header for single project component (excepting test, config, etc. supporting projects) that implements the component service description (see definitions above)
- Template:HigCompTblHead2 - table header for alternatives table (see above)
- Template:HigCompTblHead2Package - table header for a package table (see above)
- Template:HigCompTblSec2 - grey table section rows
- Template:HigCompTblRow2 - Eclipse project row
- <Component Name> - wiki page describing this Component. Should follow Component Description Template
- bugzilla shortcuts - create, open, closed
Table Section Row
- Indicates the runtime environment supported by the project-rows in this section (e.g. Java 1.4 or Adobe Flex, etc.)
Each regular row of the table is a project.
- type of project
- Interface - this project defines the interface for the component separately from its implementation
- Impl. - implementation
- Alt. Impl - one of N alternative implementations of the component interface
- Test - unit test project
- Misc - misc supporting implementation project
- project name (Second-from-left-most column)
- If the project is shared with other components the word "(shared)" will appear after the project name
- Repository - svn link to the SVN source files and viewsvn link. Note
- Use either the https link given, or substitute svn+ssh for https as the svn URL in order to access the code for a project
- Downloads - link to the mostly recently generated nightly on build.eclipse.org [Some day: this page will also include all stable builds]. If the project can't be autobuilt (i.e. there are not downloads) then add a downloadurl param with value "no" (this appears as "[no downloads]" in the HTML
- Test - For each of the java sub-projects of each Component listed in all of these tables there exists a second project a sister ".test" project exists containing unit tests. These tests are [well, will soon be] automatically run during the nightly build process. This cell should contain a status word related to these tests:
- none - no sister ".test" project exists
- minimal - a few unit tests exist in the ".test" project
- good - reasonable coverage of functionality exists in the ".test" project
- H1.0 [MANDATORY] - green LED if this component is part of 1.0 (red otherwise)
- H1.1 [MANDATORY] - green LED if this component is part of 1.1 (red otherwise)
- Owner - email of the owner of this component
- Old Components Page Conventions using older templates